Hit the Road: Hong Kong
- Hong Kong has beautiful tropical nature ready for travellers to explore
- Most international travellers only visit Hong Kong’s city centre not aware that most of the region is nature
- We partnered with TLC and Discovery Channel to create a television series about Hong Kong’s Great Outdoors
- We filmed for 7 days with 2 presenters and a large crew all around Hong Kong’s nature and islands
- The series was released on TLC and online channels throughout Asia
Hong Kong is a tropical paradise full of beautiful beaches, secluded islands and challenging hikes. However, most travellers do not realise Hong Kong has so much nature to offer.
Hong Kong Tourism Board commissioned Discovery Channel to create a series that would show its audience that the city is a great place to explore for nature lovers.
The network approached MKIM&CO and us to create the series for broadcast on the TLC channels.
With a wealth of nature experiences in Hong Kong and requirements by the tourism board, we were challenged to create a tight package that would feature multiple locations while still providing in-depth information.
We were also challenged to produce the content during the height of the pandemic which brought a range of restrictions, closed venues and transport difficulties since private charters between all islands were banned.
SOLUTION: TWO NATURE ADVENTURES
We created two episodes focused on two very different sides of Hong Kong’s nature.
One episode captures the magic of Sai Kung. A UNESCO nature site full of volcanic islands, fisheries and pristine beaches.
The second episode focuses on nature experiences that are a stone’s throw from the city centre. Creating a collection of adventures from rock climbing to an energetic hike on Victoria Peak.
SOLUTION: DIVERSE EXPERIENCES
Throughout the series, we crafted diverse experiences making sure the audience stayed engaged while at the same time showcasing the diversity of Hong Kong’s nature.
The various activities included hikes, traditional cooking classes, rock climbing, cafe hopping and lots of educational cultural content.
- Director and Writer:
- Vikash Autar
- Mikyung Kim
- Rusty Foulkes
- 4Vesta Productions
- Hosted by:
- Debbie Wong and Aaron Stadlin-Robbie
- Discovery Channel
- ANYDOKO Studios and MKIM & CO.